MYC

Last minute on Friday, I hopped on a bus to go visit Hana and her new place in NYC. I had a great time, I really love the city more every time I go. I try to be as less cheesy with my camera as possible; so here are the few pics I managed to take.

After arriving into the city and almost getting lost/trampled in the NYC Halloween Parade in Washington Square, H and I headed out for some beers and people watching. New Yorkers take Halloween to a whole different level.



Ninja in a Tutu. This dude was gangster but was loving the skirt, he posed for too many pictures to not question the questionable.



Andy Warhol.



Worst, most expensive pizza. This spot was slammed, I do not understand why. $5.80 for a slice of crap.



Saturday morning Hana and I hit up Babycakes; a vegan muffin spot in LES. I grabbed a Zucchini Flax seed hot out of the oven and an organic coffee, amazing. It erased the horrible pizza from my memory.



Halloween Spirit, the sparkles from these pumpkins could be found on the sidewalk a block up.



Oh, Red Bamboo; a Vegetarian spot on west 4Th st. Where do I start, do I have the energy? Long story short, worst meal of the weekend. This spot came so highly recommended, I am very disappointed.



Sunday brunch at Spitzers was amazing. Hana and I split the Shepard's Omelet and the Blackberry Pancakes. Couldn't have asked for better; a perfect balance of sweet and salty.



Sorry Hana, I had too.

After brunch we heading for Brooklyn, hit up Williamsburg did some vintage shopping and met up with some friends. Had another great meal at Juliette, the duck confit was to die for.

Ends up I didn't make the trip back home that night, due to crazy complications I had to extend my trip. (Guess there are worse things)

Monday we slept in, hit Century 21 for the 2nd time, then got a last minute invite to the Rocksmith offices. Headed to Brooklyn and was welcomed with open arms. After seeing some of the Summer 09 line and seeing the beautiful view of the Brooklyn Bridge we heading out for a Peruvian Chinese diner. I wish I had my camera, the food was incredible. Thanks again Ralph.

After good food, friends, shopping, conversation, my weekend had ended. I grabbed the midnight bus and headed back to Mtl to make it into the office in time.

2 comments:

charlotte elizabeth said...

I went to Red Bamboo on one of my first visits to NYC and was VERY dissapointed! Kates is ways better. They have a delicious vegan turkey sammie and hot wings too

Flimsey Goods said...

Next time you go hit up the Yaffa Cafe ... place is awesome and its open 24/7 .. litterally s