La La Bamba, bamba, bamba, bamba! (that's what it sounded like)(those aren't even the words!)

Kenza is one of my best girlies and I will support her in all her endeavours; so last night I was one of the few who attended her choir recital. We arrived just in the nick of time (Almost pulled the embarrassing parent move; arriving in the middle of child’s solo at the xmas concert). Once sitting down, I look to the stage and she wasn’t there. I look at the program and it seemed like I got more than I bargained for. We had to sit through a chamber choir before Kenza’s class? For 45 minutes?

After a few minutes of trying to embrace it, I again pulled out the program and notice the last song they were to sing was La Bamba; Ritchie Valens’ hit song from the movie? I all of a sudden perked up and curiously waited… and waited. Finally they started singing what vaguely sounded like a chamber choir version of the Mexican rock song. Please take a second and try to imagine what this sounded like. My goodness… couldn’t they have just sang Christmas songs the entire show? I wore a red plaid shirt for that reason! I thought it was a Christmas recital. The only good part of that song was that it was the last.

Finally Kenza’s class came on! Dressed in black and white, the men were in bow ties (pretty cute). They were about three times the size of the chamber choir, therefore a lot more dynamic. I basically watched her the whole time, giggled when it looked like she didn’t know the words (later on we were informed by her that she didn't know one of the songs very well). But in all, she looked like a very well versed professional singer. We took some pictures to document the show… thanks for the good times Enzo.



Oh, and I would like to send out a big ups to BEN! He missed the hockey game to come to the show! Very impressive. No matter what he says, he had fun I have proof.

1 comment:

charlotte elizabeth said...

LOL we need to plan a Maria Christmas listening party